El Matuy Overview
A deserted beach, the deltas of two large and beautiful rivers surging with wildlife, a one of a kind mountain range, reflecting the morning sun. At El Matuy in Palomino, you will find all of this and more!
A sleepy town northeast of Santa Marta, is where you can go for peace and relaxation. Plan a day trip to hike part way up the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and float down the lazy Palomino River all the way to the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy nighttime walks along the beach where the sand “sparkles” with static electricity at every step! Or just enjoy solitude and sunshine on the beach.
If you are looking to “get away from it all,” El Matuy is the perfect place to refresh your body and soul!
El Matuy features 10 wooden cabins with palm leaf roofs. Each cabin has its own private bathroom and terrace with hammocks. Step out of your cabin into a sandy paradise, shaded by palm trees – and gaze out to the beautiful Caribbean ocean. This is truly Paradise.
El Matuy is a privately owned natural reserve associated with the Colombian network of Independent Reserves Society.
The cabins are on the beach, no more than 100 meters from the sea.
- A cabin with private bath
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Beverages throughout the day
- Delicious meals served on the beach
- Your cabin, common spaces and dining area are lit by candle and torchlight in the evenings
- Walk along the beach to find where the Palomino river meets the ocean – breathtaking
- Walk part way up the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and float down the Palomino river on an inner tube
- River Float down the Palomino River
Culture and natural beauty of the most bio-diverse country in the world.
Only experiences and destinations that we have experienced.
Protecting local economies and promoting ecological stewardship.
You might also like